Monday, August 31, 2009

Miserable Monday....

So I had a bad day! It started off by waking up to a dark bedroom with the sound of rain hitting the roof…..my favorite sound EVER! Too bad it was MONDAY and I had to get up and get ready for work. I wanted to sleep in like never before. Anyway, I unwillingly got up and started to get ready for work when I realized, Ella is STILL laying funny somehow on my sciatic nerve which is sending sharp pains down the right side of my back, through my rear and down my right leg. Awesome Ella! So after going in for an hour and walking around like a chicken it was time to go to the Dr.

As we are walking down the hallway with the nurse to our room, after the other fun things…..”Hop on the scale” (ha! What a joke!), “leave us a sample” (aka…pee in a cup), “lets check that blood pressure”, yada-yada……Dr. Cousins sees my gimping down the hallway and boy did she say the WRONG thing!!!! She asked, “What’s wrong with you”. The nurse replied, “She has a bad case of sciatica going on”. Dr Cousins then says, “HAHA, That babies already getting on your nerves!!” I think to myself, “Clever.” Then she busts out with, “And the funny thing is, there is NOTHING we can do for it!!!!” Oh no, that did not sit well with me. I felt my chin start quivering like a 2 year old and then came the tears. I burst into tears uncontrollably. As the nurse is listening to the baby’s heartbeat I am laying there with tears streaming into my ears. I don’t think it was really what she said but more that the timing was just REALLY bad. I have been in so much pain since Friday with this that the thought of 9 more weeks of it is almost unbearable. She came in and totally apologized saying that she didn’t know I was going to get so emotional. Hell, I didn’t either. But I surely did!

Anyway, Dr. Cousins wants to see me every week starting now so we can really pay attention to my sugar counts. I am close to where I need to be but not quite. I think with paying a little more attention to what I am eating it will be fine. I am having to stick my finger 4 times a day but if I have good numbers over the next week I go down to twice a day. After crying like a baby in there I went over my weekly list of questions and number one on there was, “Can I get an ultrasound soon?” Her response was, “mid-thirties”. I assumed that meant thirty five weeks but when she handed me my chart she said “See you next week for sugar check and then the next for your ultrasound”. I guess crying got me what I wanted…something I am sure Ella will have no problem with!

I have so much more to add to my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day but it is 6:30 and Drew is at home waiting on me for dinner. I worked late partly because it was the last day of the month and also to get my desk cleared to start training the girl that will be taking my place tomorrow. Yep, the word is out. Everyone here knows that I am not coming back (right away) after the baby is born. Tom (my boss) sent out a really sweet email to everyone today explaining that I am leaving as staff but plan on returning as an agent in the future. “Near future” if you ask Drew! Right babe?!

Love to all,
Laine

3 comments:

  1. Gosh! That sounds like a heck of a day, poor thing! Hope today is better : )
    Wow! I didn't now the news on the "agent" but that is awesome!! Lots of Love Yanni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey! I totally feel for you. I thought I was going to cry when I read your post (and I am not even pregnant anymore!!!) Keep your chin up. Big hugs!!! Maya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use a heating pad on your back! My back was hurting from month 4 on, and that helped. Also... YO! I'm job searching! Don't go quitting jobs and giving it away to randoms! Hook a sista up!

    ReplyDelete