Friday, August 21, 2009

7 Months / 29 weeks

I know I have been slacking here lately but we have been pretty busy. Here are some picture updates for ya. The bedding I had made for the crib came in, we have been stocking up on diapers, the shelves are coming together and her closet is getting more and more colorful. :) We have put together all of the stuff from my first shower and are really looking forward to our showers coming up!!

Drew's grandfather passed away last week. They had a really nice service and memorial for him that was put together by Drew's dad and aunt. It was nice to get to see some of Drew's extended family that we do not get to see often. Although Bill Jake will be missed, we all take comfort in knowing that he is at peace now.

Daddy is taking it one day at a time back on chemo and radiation. We all agree that he will keep on keeping on until it is too much to take and then he should just stop. As someone once told my grandmother, "Chemo is like pouring anti-freeze into your blood stream". Damn. That doesn't sound too fun! For now, he is on both and still has a great attitude! Since he reads my blog now.....Daddy, you rock! I love you and can't wait for you to teach Ella to hunt, fish, waterski and most importantly, make scout supper!

We are off to Asheville this weekend to celebrate my sisters 30th birthday. She is freaking out about being 30 but I say you are only as old as you feel. She sure doesn't act her age so I am sure she doesn't feel it! Happy Birthday Sister! Love you!
We had a pretty good Dr.'s appointment the other day. Dr. Cous said I looked great, heartbeat was great, I was measuring right on, good blood pressure, etc. Appointments are every two weeks now and I don't have to see any other Dr's because she is going to deliver Ella! Wooohooo! The only downer was that I failed the gestational diabetes test. My theory is that the piece of cake, 3 cookies and a plate full of fruit I had the evening before at the funeral reception might have had a tad bit to do with it. UGHHH....I am such an idiot sometimes. I was totally not even thinking about the fact that I had a SUGAR test in the morning. Oh well, we will see if I actually have it this Tuesday. I'll keep you posted.
11 Weeks to go!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! WE CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drew and I just stare at eachother when we are going to sleep and talk about how close it is getting and how excited we are. We start Birth & Baby class on Sept. 1st. That's pretty exciting. The end is getting near! I just hope it keeps going by as fast as it has!












Love to all,
Laine

1 comment:

  1. The bedding! It so pretty, I love it!! And the bloomers, uhhhh...so adorable.
    I'm glad to here your dad's treatment is coming along. Tell "SISTER" (aka. Bon qui qui) I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Looking forward to your shower, its getting very close : )
    Have a good week! Love Yanni

    ReplyDelete