I had my fist baby shower this past weekend. It was the one my mom, with the help of Drew's mom, threw. It was mostly family with a few of my bestest girlfriends who might as well be family. I got wonderful gifts for the baby/nursery and even my jogging stroller!!!! :) I have already washed and put away the clothes, sheets and other laundry and put together the things that needed it. (except the stroller which Drew will be doing this weekend, little does he know) I do not have pictures yet because they are on moms camera but I will share with you when I do! Thank you Mommy and E for such a nice shower. I love and appreciate my family and friends so much.
My Daddy has been taken off his chemo for the time being. They obviously gave him way too much for him to handle because it pretty much rocked his world. He is going to try to get back on it when he gets better but at a much lower dosage and slower rate. He is still receiving his radiation treatments 5 times a week for now but that is also messing him up pretty bad. So we will see how that goes. He has started back at work some and still wants to continue his treatments if at all possible. He just needs to recover from that first go-round and they need to figure out an easier treatment. All the while he continues to have an amazing attitude!
I go back to the Dr the 18th for my gestational diabetes test and hopefully a due date adjustment. :) Then following that starts my rotation visits with the other Dr's in the office. I am not looking forward to that and remind Dr. Cousins each time I am in her office that SHE better be the one delivering this baby girl. I think I will be laying it on even thicker letting her know again that she "slipped" so for that she owes me big.....like so big she has to come in especially for me even if she isn't on call. She said last time we were in there that she would do everything possible to be there but if she won the lottery between now and then that she could promise us that she wouldn't be there! Drew asked if he could go with her where ever she goes when she whens the lottery and she then turned to me and said, "Well, it looks like if I when the lottery you are going to be having this baby solo"!!
Here are some more of our beach pictures.....enjoy!
Much Love,
Laine
cute pics lainer. glad everything is right on track for you and baby girl. looking forward to september 12th, should be lots of fun for you : )
ReplyDeletelove yanni