Monday, September 14, 2009

Showered with love....

And LOTS of gifts!! I had two baby showers this past week! One at the office on Thursday and the other one my girlfriends threw on Saturday. We are TOTALLY ready for Miss Ella's arrival!

I have never felt so loved and appreciated in my whole life. The staff and agents at my office are some of the most generous people I know. I am truly blessed to have worked with such great people for the past 3 1/2 years and will miss them dearly. (Well, most of them!! he-he) They had a huge spread of food and I did not pay any attention to my special diet for the afternoon. I was nervous about falling out into a diabetic coma right there in front of everyone but I did just fine. Needless to say, I skipped my reading that evening. I didn't even want to know what I had done to myself! Anyway, the food was delicious and the gifts were abundant! We got the stroller, car seat and base, jumperoo, tons of books and clothes and many other items both on and off of the registry. Drew came and helped me pack my car after it was over and we went straight home and washed, folded and put away all the clothes and put together everything that needed it! Here are a few pics....



The shower on Saturday was a really special luncheon. The decorations, flowers and small details were all amazing. It was the most beautiful baby shower I have ever been to...and it was MINE!!! :) I loved it! They used little mini favor baby bottles filled with pink Hersey Kisses as the place cards with each persons name on them at their seat! They were too cute! Weezie, the talented and creative little teacher that she is, cut out "Its a girl" and hung it like a clothes line. The two least florist girls in our group, Sarah and CP, put together gorgeous flower arrangements all over the house. It was beautiful to say the least. I have some of the best friends a girl could have....we got everything that their was left that we could possibly ever need plus some extra goodies! (pictures coming soon!)

By the way, did I mention that my sister ROCKS? She drove from Asheville AGAIN to be by my side on a special day. I have to give her credit because I made the drive to Asheville for her birthday and it was NO fun. She has probably made the drive just for me 20 times in the last year! All of the wedding parties and showers, the wedding, the second she found out I had a miscarriage, baby showers, etc. I really appreciate all you do for me sister! Oh, and for those of you that don't know, I have called her sister for many years now and Drew came up with her Aunt name the other day. She is officially, "Aunt Sister"!!! :)

On the way to the shower on Saturday I had one of my emotional moments that kept escalating as I was thinking about everything that has taken place over the last year. I started thinking about how a year ago that day I was off to the beach for my bachelorette weekend with my best girlfriends and how blessed I am to have each one of them in my life. (So I was a little teary eyed here) Then I started thinking about how I married my very best friend in the whole world and how he has made every dream of mine come true. (Eyes are by then full and had to be blotted) Then I started thinking about how in just a few short weeks I will be holding my sweet little girl that I will love more then life itself!! (Now I have the air on full blast and I'm holding my face about 2 inches from the vent and blinking like crazy) Anyway, the point is that yes, it was another one of my many emotional moments but the past year has been amazing! I have had my valleys for sure but the hills are more like mountains, really big ones that I will ski down one day with my little girl!!! And for that I am forever grateful!!

So we went to see Dr. "Cuzz" today. We had an ultrasound which was really fun because we had been 15 weeks without seeing little Ella's face. She has chubby cheeks now and is definitely still a girl! There is plenty of amniotic fluid, her size is right on target (they guestimated 4lbs 5oz), heart rate was 152, my blood pressure was great, my weight gain was 0lbs :) but Ella is gaining weight just fine, etc. I had to get put on medicine for my gestational diabetes but only once at night to keep my morning readings down where they need to be. They have been about 2-6 points above where they need to be so I must be dreaming about all the food I cant have while I sleep at night. lol. So with the medicine comes the label of being "high risk" meaning I have to go in once a week for a non-stress test. They will hook me up to a heart monitor and movement monitor to make sure that Ella is still progressing accordingly each week. Dr. Cuzz also said that we will be delivering (induced) the week before I'm due if I haven't on my own by then. Sounds good to me! I will take her whenever I can get her as long as she is healthy and ready to go!

I have a lot of random pictures to update with but it will have to wait until next time.....
Love to all,
Laine

1 comment:

  1. I cried while reading this! So sweet! Love you doobug! xoxo

    ReplyDelete