Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Slips!!!!!

We had a great ultrasound yesterday! Even bigger and better then we had anticipated because Dr. Cousins slipped and told us what we are having! We had the ultrasound tech "go there" to see what we were having without us looking or knowing and put the pictures in a sealed envelope. We had been on the fence about finding out for the last few days and wanted to do it on our own if we were to find out at all...and it certainly wasn't going to be yesterday! We were so excited with our cute little envelope after the ultrasound waiting on "Cous" to call us into her office. She finally said her famous line, "Come on team!" as she blew through the hallway. Mom, Drew & myself headed on in. She was surprised that we were not going to find out the sex right off and made fun of me saying, "The girl that goes out and rents a damn baby doppler isn't finding out??!!!!". Anyway, we sit down and she turns her computer screen towards us as she sits her laptop on her desk and starts to go through the ultrasound pictures. At this point she thought that the sex was noted only in the ultrasound techs write up and not in the pictures. We shortly found out as she was scrolling through the pictures that she was wrong. All the sudden she clicks to the next picture and all we see is, "ITS A GIRL!!!" typed on the picture! Mom and I look at each other and start screaming and then I look at Drew and, poor thing, he had no clue what was going on. I said, "Did you see that?" and he looked over at the screen and immediately saw what I was talking about. Poor Dr. Cousins felt horrible! She sat with her head in her hands the rest of the appointment. We are really excited but still in shock that we know!

The baby's heart rate was at 158 and SHE now weighs 8oz! All the anatomy looked great. We saw the four chambers in HER heart, HER kidneys, stomach, bladder, all the bones in HER legs, arms, hands, feet, HER brain and that sweet little profile picture that gets me every time! SHE would not be still so I'm sure she is going to be a wild one like someone we know! :) Here are some pictures from yesterday:
I love those little lips and that little nose! I cant wait to "sugar" all over them as my Gran would say!

These shots are always freaky to Drew & me but I do love how SHE is posing with that hand up under her chin! I should have known it was a girl right then!

There is a glare on this one but this is one of the ones that shows HER girly parts. One leg is straight out and one is bent up over Her body but there is her girly area right there in front of the cursor. Can you tell I am a bit excited with all of the "SHE's" and "HER's"???

My Dad's CT scan results showed that the cancer is centrally located in the area around the mass! That's GREAT news! The only bad news is that there is one other spot showing up in his bile duct that he is going to have to get checked out. They do not know if it is a cancerous mass, a benign mass or a totally different problem with the way the bile duct is functioning so he will be having and MRI on that area to see what is going on. He will meet with his new surgeon this Thursday to plan out the next step. He has a great attitude about it and that makes all the difference in the world. I am very proud of him! Thank you to everyone for your continued support and prayers!



Love to all,
Laine

5 comments:

  1. AHH!!! YAY YAY A GIRL!! Congrats Laine! You are going to have your hands full if she is anything like her mommy...so cool though!

    ps so sorry about your dad! my thought and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAYYY!!! I love little girls!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH!!! That is so exciting and absolutely hilarious that you guys ended up finding out anyway..by accident!! A little Lainer, shes gonna be so precious : ) CONGRATS YOU TWO! Love Yanns

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you and drew!!!!!!!!!! Yay a girl!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hot dog!! That is so exciting!! Lordy, if that that baby girl has your wild genes you have got something coming to you Lainer!!! See you soon and can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete