Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Just preggin' it up!"

So this weekend when I ran into Stearns, a buddy of mine, he asked what I've been up to. When I replied, "not much" he was quick to say, "Just preggin' it up, huh?!". God I love him!!

Well I am 20 weeks/5 months!! AKA.....1/2 WAY THERE!!!! It feels good. It feels REALLY good! I even went home and filled out my preadmission paperwork to the hospital that I randomly remembered I was supposed to do this week. That for some reason made things start to feel really real! I almost can't believe that in just a few months we will have a baby!!! It is crazy, amazing, unreal yet so real, scary & just plain exciting! I guess that would mean that I have mixed emotions. But whatever it is, I am ready! BRING IT ON BABY GIRL!

I am a bit frustrated this week with the baby's movement. I was feeling flutters fine for several weeks but as the placenta is growing I am feeling well, not much at all. The placenta is an "anterior placenta" meaning that it is growing on the front (my belly) side of the uterus. It acts as a pillow between the baby and me being able to feel the baby. So rather then her kicking my uterus wall she is kicking the placenta making it more difficult for me to be able to feel it. UGHHH! It is so frustrating because I want to feel left hooks and karate kicks! All the things I am reading say I should be able to tell if she is awake or asleep and what time of day is her "active" time. Yeah, not so much! Oh well. I know sooner of later she will be big enough to feel pillow or no pillow in the way!

Enough about me...........MY DAD IS CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!! We went to Concord last Thursday for his surgery which he did really well with. He went home on Friday and I went and spent the day with him on Sunday. He is getting around really well considering! His Dr told us on Thursday when he had finished the surgery that it would be this Wednesday or Thursday before we would hear back from pathology on the results to see if he had gotten it all. They had to check the margins around the mass they removed to make sure they were clear of any cancer cells. Well, Dad got a surprise phone call last night personally from his Dr saying that he is cancer free!! He may have to do a round of chemo and radiation here soon but that is just to kill off any straggling cells and to make sure that it stays gone! He was on cloud nine when he called me last night and so was I! Once again, I am so proud of his attitude and determination! He did just what he said he was going to do....kick cancers ass! I just had no idea it would be in such a timely manner! Go Daddy!

Thanks again for all of your prayers and support! The power of prayer is truly amazing!

Lots of love,
Laine

2 comments:

  1. SO GREAT to hear about your dad!!!! I'm very happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Back to my roots", thats what it was! Uh, I couldnt remember that for some reason. Well, first off, CONGRATULATIONS on kicking cancer's ass!! That is such wonderful news and yes, the power of prayer is amazing. We will continue to pray for you and your fam.
    Can't wait to see "pregger-kini", LOL!! See you this weekend! Love Yanni

    ReplyDelete